Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Major

I am an Information Technology major with a concentration in mobile and web development. I choose this major because of the lifestyle that comes with it, I’m naturally good at it, and the benefit of being able to take all online classes.

At first I was a biology major but decided it wasn’t the most practical major because the only part I enjoyed was research and that would require much more education that just an bachelors and many smaller cities would lack jobs in that field. When I started taking a new look at possible majors, I decided to give computer science a try. Everyone in my family does something with computers, and since it’s in my blood, I thought it would be worth a try because it comes with a very nice lifestyle. A lot of jobs can be very flexible. It’s possible to work completely remote, or some in the office and some remote. The hours that I would have to work are usually flexible in that I can come in earlier or later, and leave earlier or later, depending on what works best for my schedule. That fits in my lifestyle because I like to travel, and one day when I’m a mom, it will be nice to have that flexibility. It also in the top 15 highest paying majors.

After taking a few programming courses, I found out that I really enjoy it and have a natural ability to do it very well.  


I recently transferred to KSU because I wanted to travel while I’m still in school and taking all my classes online lets me do that. Since KSU does not offer an online computer science degree, I choose the closest thing to it which is IT concentrating in mobile and web development. That, folks, is why I'm major in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment